Enlisted below are the functions of Punjab Housing Task Force:
- To review the existing reports and material on housing/ infrastructure sector reforms, policies and update recommendations in the light of new developments.
- To prepare recommendations and action plan for the approval of the government in respect of:
- The Design Housing Sector structure for the province and Local Governments including availability of the land bank, Finance, Administrative/ Planning Framework and legal Framework, one window facility development of housing sector data bank, alternate dispute resolution mechanism foreclosure laws.
- Slums/ Kachi Abadi up-gradation
- Technology transfer strategy
- Provincial housing policy
- Legislative requirments to implement the plan
- To prepare a monitoring mechanism to review the implementation of approved action plan.
- To comment upon and consider other ancillary matters referred to the task Force time to time by the Chief Minister or the Cabinet